Monday, November 20, 2023

Christmas times a-coming--since mid-September

Speaking of snow (as I was yesterday morning) has put thoughts of Christmas and merriment in my mind, so I thought I'd share this photo. I was in Lowe's the other day (actually, I am pretty sure it was about Halloween) and this is what greeted me the first thing when I walked in.

Yes, yes, yes! I remember now! It was right before Halloween, because I recall now when I saw this display, I wondered if Lowe's was trying to sell Santa costumes for Halloween trick-or-treating.

I later asked a friend who works there how long those two Santas had been up, and he said they put out all the Christmas selling items in mid-September or thereabouts.

Goodness, gracious, sakes alive, as grandma used to say. That means Lowe’s had Christmas decorations and Halloween decorations out about the same time. That's almost like a good vs. evil battle right there in the heart of Lowe's! Almost, but not quite, for I don't think Lowe's does recognizes Christmas as a religious holiday.

Do they say "Merry Christmas!" in their advertising now--or is it just a generic "Happy Holidays"? I don't know.


No comments: