Monday, May 9, 2016

Dinner time in Southern Missouri

It's dinner time here in South Central Missouri.
Yes, it's 11 a.m., and I said dinner time. I grew up calling the noon meal dinner and the evening meal supper. Everybody else in school did the same thing, for we were all hillbillies.
It wasn't until I got to the university that I discerned calling the noon meal lunch and the evening meal dinner wasn't just something they did in novels. All those city folks I was around called dinner lunch and laughed at me for calling it what it was, which was dinner.
Eventually, I succumbed, and began calling dinner lunch and supper dinner.
Every now and again, though, I fall into my old ways.
Like today.
It's a beautiful day in the South of Missouri, just like every day, no matter the weather.
I hope you're enjoying the day.

No comments: