Saturday, May 21, 2016

An Ozarks storyteller

At my day job, I work with a young (compared to me) fellow named Ronald Wilson. He is from Richland, and he is quite the storyteller. The other day in the breakroom while a bunch of us were in there visiting, he told us the wildest story.
"My dad was in Springfield yesterday, and he was behind an ambulance combing home. They were going along at a pretty good clip, and the back doors of that ambulance blew open, and a box flew out and landed on the side of the street," he said.
"Well, that ambulance went on. It didn't stop, so dad pulled over and got out and picked up the box and took it back to the car," Ron said. "There was no writing on the outside of the box to tell where to take it, so he opened it up to see if there was any information.
"What there was in there was a toe!" he said. "A human toe! On ice!
"Well, dad didn't know what to do. He thought about calling the police, but there wasn't a crime. He thought about calling the fire department, but there wasn't a fire.
"So he did the next best thing," Ron declared. "He called a toe truck."
We all sat there a second, then we laughed uproariouslhy, and I can't help it, I laugh every time he retells that story. Heck, I laughed again while I typed it for you to read.

No comments: