Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day

U hope you had a pleasant Fathers Day. I did. I spent the day with Daddy and Mama, who are 81 and 82 years old, respectively, and are still as active as most 50-year-olds. Daddy is still working part-time as a barber. They're both active in church and still drive and travel quite a bit. They are amazing.
One of my two sisters, her son and grandson; my brother and his wife and their son, my daughter and son-in-law and their two boys were also there. My son and daughter-in-law and their two girls and my sister and brother-in-law and my other brother-in-law were unable to attend. I'm hoping we can all get together for a Fourth of July celebration.
Daddy cut the hair of three great-grandsons. It was the first-ever haircut for one great-grandson.
It was a wonderful day.

Here's a song about a Daddy from Lou Reid and Carolina. I heard this song this morning on Wayne Bledsoe's Sunday Morning Sounds bluegrass gospel program on KMST-FM.



No comments: