Sunday, July 24, 2011

Faith Is the Surest Guide

I didn't make it to church this morning, so I don't have any news to share. I can tell you what happened last week, though.
Pastor Dave Scudder preached from Hebrews 11:24-27 on "Faith Is the Surest Guide." The text speaks of Moses who lived by faith and was an overcomer in his choice of purpose, his choice of reward and his choice of masters. Although he was raised as the son of Pharaoh's daughter, Moses "chose to suffer with the people of God rather than to enjoy the short-lived pleasures of sin" and left Egypt, unafraid of the king for chose God as his master instead.
The songs we sang were "Love Divine, All Love Excelling" (call to worship), "Send the Light," "I Will Sing of My Redeemer," "Praise Him! Praise Him!" and "Whiter Than Snow" (invitation hymn).
Nancy Robertson sang the special music, "One Day Too Late."
Sunday night, Southern Raised sang bluegrass gospel music followed by a fellowship time.

No comments: