Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pancakes would be good in this kind of weather

I just finished a hearty breakfast of scrambled/fried eggs and buttered toast. I forgot to buy any bacon or sausage, so I had no pork meat with my breakfast.

I'll tell you what would really have been good on a cold and snowy day like this one: a heaping plate of pancakes and sausage, with plenty of butter and syrup, and ice cold milk to wash it all down. Mighty fine, mighty fine. If that sounds good to you, I'll tell you where we can get a plate. In fact we can get two or three or more, if we want.

Rolla Kiwanians are going to have their annual Pancake Day from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Rolla High School cafeteria. Tickets are $5 in advance and $6 at the door. Find a Kiwanian; each one is carrying loads of tickets to sell.

Saturday will be perfect weather for pancakes, and the Kiwanians always put on a good feed for the community. They've been doing it for decades, so they've got it down to a fine art. Maybe I'll see you there.

No comments: