Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No problems traveling inside Rolla

Neither yesterday nor today did I have any trouble getting to work at my part-time job in Rolla--once I got the car unsealed. Yesterday it took about an hour to: 1.) get through the ice shield and into the car, 2.) clear the windshield, backglass and windows so I could drive safely. It took me less than 5 minutes to get to the office. Getting into the car and getting it cleared wasn't so time-consuming this morning. It also took very little time to get here, for the streets had been plowed very well.

The interstate right around Rolla is in much better condition than it is in most of the rest of Southern Missouri, according to this map. I ought to be able to make it to my full-time job in St. Robert Thursday with no problems.

Rural roads aren't in such great shape, though.

No comments: