Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday weather update

It's Black Friday, and I'm off work, thanks to knowing a little something about American history.

A few weeks ago at the morning meeting of the associates, the boss threw out a trivia question and said anyone who knew the answer would get Black Friday off. The question: What two U.S. presidents died on the Fourth of July, 50 years after the signing of the document. The answer: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Jefferson died first at Monticello in Virginia. Adams died later in the day at his farm outside Quincy, Mass. He thought Jefferson was still alive, so his dying words were something like, "Thank God, Jefferson still lives."

Now, it isn't a paid day off; I had to use a vacation day, but that's all right.

I'll have to go in this afternoon and evening for my other job, because I have a lot to do.

I sat down merely to write a weather update and got off-track. That happens to me a lot nowadays.

The weather in Rolla: 20 degrees, bright and clear.

No comments: