Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Remembering the landing on the moon

I remember watching Americans land on the moon this date in 1969. We were at my Grandpa and Grandma Howe's house visiting. I had just turned 16, and I was more interested in going to take my driver's license test later in the week than anything else. Nevertheless, I sat down and watched the landing. It was amazing to see a man step on a surface not on this earth.

I remember later talking to my Grandpa Howe about the moon landing. I also asked him about the first car he had ever seen and the first airplane he had ever seen fly over. I wish I had thought to record those conversations. Not only did he witness the moon landing, he remembered vividly when Americans rode horses, drove wagons and buggies or simply walked to get from one place to another.

The moon landing was a milestone in our nation's history. Now, the Democrats have killed what little space program we have left.

No comments: