Monday, June 7, 2010

Out in the Yard--Part VI

By R.D. Hohenfeldt
Managing Editor

Here's Clematis, a vine that we have growing on the chain link fence.

Delaine got this from somewhere, I forget where, and told me to plant it next to the fence. Now, it's safe with me, because I don't do a good job of mowing or trimming, but I'm a bit fearful that the fellow the neighbor hires for mowing will cut it down. He's very diligent. So far, though, so good; it's growing and blooming.

Clematis is so important that it has its own website called House of Clematis.

This is a very interesting website and after you read it, you're going to want to go out and get you a Clematis. I'm pretty pleased with ours. The blooms look kind of ratty in this picture, but from a distance, they are big and beautiful.

No comments: