Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Out in the yard--Part I

By R.D. Hohenfeldt
Managing Editor

I took some photos of some of our flowers this spring and I'll be sharing them here over the next few days.

Today: Snowball Bush.

We planted our Snowball Bush about three years ago, and it thrives where it is in the backyard under the shade of an old oak tree.

Here are a couple of pictures from late April or early May--I can't remember. It's through blooming now.

Those are some big white blooms, and they're odd-looking flowers, to my way of thinking.

I recommend this bush for your yard. It's mighty fine looking, and it is easy to take care of. In fact, I have done absolutely nothing to ours, and it still looks beautiful.

One website I read recently says to prune it regularly. I never do. I guess I will if it doesn't bloom one year, but so far, it's done well, and my philosophy is leave it alone if it grows and looks good.

No comments: