Monday, May 31, 2010

Another soaking

When I got home from work awhile ago, I checked the rain gauge and recorded .40 inch before emptying it.

The rain started about 2:50 or so. That's about the time I was midway through my lunch break. The store provided pizza on this holiday, and I ate some in the employee break room before going out to the car to listen to the radio and read a little. It wasn't raining when I went out; in fact, the sun was beating down the car and I was wondering if maybe I oughtn't to take my book inside to read. All of a sudden, the sun went behind a cloud and the rain started pouring.

It slacked off some by the time I had to go back in around 3:20, but I still got good and wet walking across the parking lot.

I'm not complaining. I don't have to water the plants tonight.

No comments: