Saturday, March 13, 2010

St. Pat's Parade 2010 was the "Best Ever"

Saturday morning was cold in Rolla, but townies and Missouri S & T students bundled up and lined Pine Street from Sixth Street to the campus on Twelfth Street, and around the corner. to watch the St. Pat's Parade.

My wife and the two dogs stayed in the car, parked at the corner of 11th and Pine. The view wasn't the best, but the crowd there was thin enough she could see the parade through the gaps between the people. I think she got as big a kick from watching the parade watchers as she did from the parade.

I wandered around taking pictures, but watched most of the parade standing on Twelfth Street in the midst of a group of students who kept me laughing. Several of them were from Mizzou and one girl was from Missouri State. They were surprised at the size of the St. Pat's Parade and the amount of participation from the community.

In this and previous posts, which are below this one, are photos taken at the parade today. If you weren't there, I hope these photos (poor as they are, for I've never claimed to be a good photographer) will convey a little of the spirit of Rolla and Missouri S & T.

I recommend you make plans to attend the 2011 parade, and if I were you, I'd try to get in the midst of a bunch of students. They're mighty fun to be around.










No comments: