Friday, January 1, 2010

Tyranny is marching toward us

I missed the news that the government is monitoring my Facebook and Twitter posts when it was initially reported a couple of weeks ago, but I heard it on Hannity's holiday rerun today. I encourage you to click on that link and read the full story and follow all the links in that story.

The government is looking for tax cheats, copyright infringers and political protesters, according to one of the links. I qualify as a political protester, I think. I have posted several times on my Twitter account, my Facebook wall and here on my blog that I don't like what is happening in our government. Does the FBI have a file on me? Perhaps the CIA? Do they fear me because I'm a conservative and a rural Christian who is critical of President Obama and the Democrats?

Why aren't all my media friends alarmed about this? Why isn't my alma mater, the University of Missouri School of Journalism, outraged about this? Why aren't the journalism fraternities and trade organizations protesting?

I think it is because the Democrats, the particularly liberal Democrats, are in power in Washington, D.C., and the media are skewed to that point of view. If the Bush administration had done this, all hell would have broken loose in the media.

We must watch who we vote for in 2010 and 2012. We've got to get the right points of view in government again to assure we ragain liberty and put a halt to the marching of tyranny toward us.

No comments: