Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snow is on the way; update: it's here

We've got 6 degrees on the porch this morning and snow is on the way, according to the National Weather Service.

Going to work. Update this afternoon.

AFTERNOON UPDATE: It's 4:39 p.m. and snow has been falling a couple of hours, starting out light and picking up intensity. It was snowing when I came out of the store about an hour ago, and I know it had been snowing at least an hour before that.

I drove home, as I usually do, on Old Route 66, and portions of it were covered. I'm going to have to get up very early in the morning, because I think it will take much longer to get to work.

Porch temperature is 27 degrees. Record high for this date was set just last year, 71 degrees. Record low: minus-2 in 1968.

I'm glad they canceled prayer meeting, because I don't want to get out in the cold tonight and drive on possibly hazardous road surfaces. I'm going to read my Bible, practice my banjo and go to bed early.

No comments: