Friday, January 29, 2010

Money from outside the 8th District

Both Jo Ann Emerson, Republican incumbent in the Missouri 8th District, and Tommy Sowers, her leading Democrat challenger, have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars, much of it from outside the district. I'm not sure if either of them know who they are supposed to represent.

Don't believe me, though. Go to the Federal Elections Commission and take a look. Here, I'll help you find the information:

Search page

Tommy Sowers

Jo Ann Emerson

There's an independent and another Democrat running as well as Republican Bob Parker, who hasn't raised much money but what he has raised comes from Missouri. Without money, he probably hasn't a chance, but after checking Parker's website, I have to say that I'll probably vote for him in the primary.

Mrs. Emerson is as guilty as a Democrat about voting for excessive spending. She made me so mad last election that I voted for a third-party candidate in the general election, first time in my life I had ever done that. If the race is between her and young Tommy, I'll probably do it again.

No comments: