Saturday, January 30, 2010

Leona Williams making a bluegrass album

Leona Williams, a Missouri-born musician, is planning on releasing a bluegrass album in March.

Here's a quote from The Country Classics website:

“I am working on my very first Bluegrass album.” Williams said from her Missouri home. “We are currently recording it in Branson and I am so excited to have some of my friends join me including Mac Wiseman, The Whites, Barbara Fairchild and Pam Tillis. It is going to be a great project and we are hoping to have it out in March.”

Williams has been inducted into the Country Music Association of Texas Hall of Fame, received the George D. Hay Award and most recently inducted into the Missouri Country Music Hall of Fame. She spends her time between homes in Missouri and Nashville and enjoys touring throughout the country.

Williams is from Vienna, Mo. I'm not sure if that's where she still lives. She's a big talent who never received the audience acclaim she deserved. She's a heckuva songwriter.


No comments: