Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do you believe Allah is God?

I don't get this at all, so someone is going to have to explain it to me. In Malaysia, which is mostly Muslim, Christians are under attack because they are worshiping Allah. The Catholic newspaper uses the name Allah to refer to God and the Bibles are translated using Allah as the name of God.

Despite the attack, the Christians are standing strong in their worship of Allah: Malaysian Christians stand firm in use of "Allah"

I don't get this. To my way of thinking, Allah is not the Lord God Almighty. Allah is not the great I Am That I Am. He is not Jehovah or Yahweh or the Father.

To my way of thinking, Allah is a false god, since is not a part of the Triune Godhead and he is not the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm a little concerned, though, when people who say they're followers of the Lord's Christ, give the Lord the name of a false god.

But, that's just me, and I tend to be conservative and literal in my interpretation of the scriptures.

No comments: