Saturday, January 2, 2010

Do we need political dynasties?

Oh, my goodness, how I dread the political season this year. I hadn't thought about it until I ran across this story in the Springfield News Leader about the possibility that a Carnahan and a Blunt will compete for the job of U.S. Senator from Missouri.

We get the same old people representing us year after year; either the same people get elected over and over again or their kids do. I thought the Founding Fathers led a Revolution so we wouldn't have dynasties running our lives.

Oh, yes, and there'll be a lot of whoop-de-do back and forth about who will do a better job. No matter who is elected, it's going to result in costing us more money and taking away more of our freedoms. Republicans are as bad as Democrats. I think I remember Alabama Gov. George Wallace saying, "There's not a dime's worth of difference between the Republicans and Democrats" when he attempted an independent run for president way back in the last century.

For us down here at the lower level of society who work with our hands every day and lead a quiet life, it doesn't matter who is elected. We're screwed either way.

No comments: