Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bone-chilling cold this morning

The low temperature on our front porch this morning was 2.7 degrees, although Weather Underground says it didn't get that cold at the Rolla weather station, which I believe is at the airport near Vichy. Weather Underground lists the morning low as 3.2 degrees at 6:41 a.m.

Today's record high was set in 2004 at 70 degrees. The low was minus-6 in 1979.

Temperature fluctuates from year to year. That's why I don't believe in Al Gore's global warming religion. I don't think he does either; I think he's like a televangelist who doesn't really believe in his ability to heal but preaches it anyway because it brings in so much money.

I just checked the front-porch thermometer again at 9:50 and it says 5.2. Pretty cozy in here, though, with my wife, the dogs, my belly still full of breakfast and piping hot coffee. I don't have to get outside today, so I'm not complaining about anything.

UPDATE FILED AT 5:50: The high at our house was 19 this afternoon.

No comments: