Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today, I wish I were a school teacher

At 5 a.m. we have 11.9 degrees F as our front-porch temperature. We also have snow on the ground. To say we have 4 inches would be a stretch.

On days like this, I wish I were a teacher, so I could just crawl back in my warm bed and go back to sleep. Somebody's got to keep the economy going so we can raise taxes to pay for those schoolhouses; I'm one of those somebodies so I'm off to work.

UPDATE: It's 7:30 and I'm listening to Wayne Bledsoe's Thursday night bluegrass show on KMST. The pickin' is hot on the kitchen radio, but out on the front porch, only 5 little degrees managed to line up this evening. The weather service forecasts a temperature deficit overnight with a negative-6 temperature.

What's even worse is the wind. It is howling around the house, 21 mph and gusts of 31. Windchild is -13 and lower.

It's pretty doggone cold, but just think how cold it would be if we didn't have that global warming threatening our planet.

Records for this date: 76 in 1965 and minus-9 in 1968.

No comments: