Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What happened to global warming?

Winter has arrived in the Missouri Ozarks.
As I type this, the temperature on our front porch is 16.7 degrees. It will likely drop down to a single digit overnight.
I left the house around 5:30 this morning to drive to work. The wind blew the car all over the road. As I walked across the parking lot from the far corner to the front door of the store, the wind swirled snow flurries around my feet and tried to blow my hat from my head. I thought about the pioneers who settled the plains of Kansas, Nebraska and the Dakotas. Those folks were made of much tougher stuff than I, for they built a country without good Owens-Corning or Johns-Manville insulation. They didn't have heated cars. They also didn't have Carhartt overalls or coats during those winters of blizzards and winds.
The heater in my car isn't the best in the world, but it warmed me up enough. Now I'm home in a warm house getting ready to fill my belly with supper.
Here are some links to weather sites:
National Weather Service
Accu-Weather
Intellicast
The Weather Channel
Weather Underground
Weather for You
Unisys Weather
With an overnight low expected to be around 9, I have to laugh about global warming. Of course, the folks who still believe in that hoax say global warming is responsible for this cold weather.
I think winter is responsible.

No comments: