Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day, fellow laborers!

We have a president who has never worked a day in his life, as far as I'm concerned. He's always been either a politician or an activist. Never owned a business. Never worked for a business.

The same is true, I think, for the vice president. It's true for the biggest part of the people we elect to rule our lives.

When you get down to state government, how many of the rulers and leaders actually have worked? I mean with their hands? They look down on manual labor, and they sneer at people who have no college degrees. They think they're our superiors, and that we need their leadership.

Obama, G.W. Bush, Clinton, G.H.W. Bush--they were not workers. Jimmy Carter seems to have been one who actually worked; too bad he was such a crappy president and now a crappy ex-president.

Even at the city level, I wonder how many of our leaders have actually worked.

Well, I work with my hands, and have worked with hands a lot in my life, as a tree nursery worker, a hamburger flipper, a professional butt-wiper in several nursing homes. Now I do a lot of different things for a major home improvement store, but all of my duties are manual labor. i do a lot of heavy lifting.

Happy Labor Day to all the rest of you who are accustomed to heavy lifting.-RDH

No comments: