Saturday, May 2, 2009

Funny (or stupid) things city people say--Part IV

I get the biggest kick out of city folks, and I enjoy razzing, teasing and generally having a great time joking with them. They don't have much of a sense of humor, though, EXCEPT when it comes to making fun of country people. Usually, city folks don't do it with the wit that country folks use; city folks just like to lay on insults, of which they are the masters.

Here's a funny thing I read some time back on the city-data.com website. It was in a discussion about raising chickens, and someone was curious about how a chicken grower with a flock of hens only could get so many eggs. His/her question:
If you don't have a rooster, how do you get eggs?
I just about fell out of my chair laughing at that. Bless his/her heart. Ignorance is not a crime or a social disgrace. It's just a lack of information/education; and, in this case, it is hilarious.

It reminds me of a cartoon I've seen on television (I've got grandkids so I'm allowed to watch cartoons every now and again). I'm not sure what the name of it is. I guess it's "Barnyard" or some variant, for it takes place in a barnyard. The main character is a bull (looks to be a Holstein) who walks on his hind legs, as all the cattle do. The bull has a huge udder and teats!

So far, I've not spotted an egg-laying rooster on the cartoon show.

I guess the cartoonist is a city slicker, and I thank him for giving me a good laugh every time I see that cartoon.

No comments: