Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

This poem was in the church bulletin Sunday. No author was listed, so if you're the author I apologize for using it without giving you credit. I liked it so much, though, that I had to include it in The Ozarks Almanac as we end 2008 and look forward to 2009.

THE NEW LEAF

He came to my desk with quivering lip; The lesson was done.
"Have you a new leaf for me, Dear Teacher? I have spoiled this one!"

I took his leaf, all soiled and blotted, then into his tired heart
I smiled, "Do better now, My Child."

I went to the throne with trembling heart; the year was done.
"Have You a new year for me, Dear Master? I have spoiled this one!"

He took my year, all soiled and blotted, then into my tired
Heart He smiled, "Do better now, My Child!"

Happy New Year to everyone. We hope you have a bountiful 2009--spiritually, intellectually and emotionally rewarding, as well as physically and financially. We pray the Lord's blessings on all who read this blog.--RDH

No comments: